Mexborough and Swinton Times August 25, 1939
The wedding took place at Goldthorpe Parish Church on Saturday of Edith Joan Massey, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Massey, of 7, Flower Street, Goldthorpe, to Mr. Ryal Wilson, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. Wilson, of 6, Flower Street. Goldthorpe.
The Rev. E. Davies officiated at the choral ceremony, the organist being Mr. Hurrel.
The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a gown of ivory taffeta, with an overdress of May. She carried red roses and lilies of the valley. She was attended by Misses Phyllis Williamson, Jean Massey. Wiseman, Barbara Gasgoine and marine Stocks, who carried cream roses.
The bridegroom’s gifts to the bridesmaids were compacts and necklaces. The best man was Mr. Rex Gould, and the groomsmen were Mr. Wilson, Mr. Massey and Mr. Edwards. The bride’s mother wore a blue two-piece suit, with hat and to tone and the bridegroom’s mother navy blue dress. A reception was had after the ceremony at the Parish Hall by the bride’s parents, after which couple left for their honeymoon at Bridlington.