South Yorkshire Times August 23, 1947
Mr Frank Mann (24), of 6 Sankey Square, Goldthorpe, has been appointed temporary organist at Swinton Parish Church in the absence of Mr Gordon Parkinson Eyre, was entered a teachers training College and at Harrogate.
Mr Mann, a teacher at Bolton on Dearne modern school, formerly played the organ at Highgate Mission while attending Wath Grammar school when he was a member of the school orchestra.
Mr Mann served in the forces for four years and spent most of his time abroad.
He is the eldest son of Mr and Mrs A.E.Mann